DAYTONA SR400/500 COZY™ SEAT, SHORT/LOW, BLACK, 41109
The SR400/500 custom short - low seat is used for custom builds and cafe racers. Its shape and trim allows it to be used on a wide range of custom builds, including tracker and scrambler type builds. Trim is smooth, this works well to keep the seat dry under most conditions and the seams and stitching are kept to a minimum. The seat base is fiberglass, and it adopts urethane foam with a feature being its comfort, even if ridden for a long time or when touring. Compared to other low (custom seats) the COZY™ seat range aims to minimize seat fatigue and extensive testing has been done to offer the seat with better comfort than most seats with a similar low down style.
- The seat is approx. 55mm lower - when compared to normal SR seat
- Overall length: about 580 mm × Overall width: about 280 mm at the widest part
- Base requires the original (factory) rear seat dampers to be swapped from your factory seat (or use new).
- Offers a custom seat that can be used on a wide range of styles due to the adaptable trim style
- Reduced seat thickness is a great match for clip on bars, custom builds and use with normal bars.
- Can be installed at the same time as the Daytona classic carrier
- Looks great with the Daytona extra short stainless fenders and Daytona adjustable taillights.
- Fits with original SR tanks, Daytona BSA tanks, as well as many custom tanks with normal length.
- Made in Japan
- Q1: Regarding the 55mm height reduction - (compared to the normal seat thickness), where is it measured?
- A1: The seat height is measured at hip point of the seat when compared side by side.
- Q2: The initial model (78 & 79 models) are not compatible as seat contacts the frame bridge, can I still use this seat on a 78-79 model?
- A2: Yes, you can fit the seat. However, you need to remove the rear seat frame bridge, (*which is not fitted from 1980 onwards)
- Q3: Does this seat come in different trims (such as tuck roll)?
- A3: No, this seat is only available with the smooth trim at this time.
- Q4: Does this seat fit the FI (injected) models and Carbie models?
- A4: Yes (fitment on both is possible). The seat is a direct fit to the carbie model, however, when installing on the SR400FI ('10~'17), it is necessary to install it simultaneously with the optional custom seat mounting kit (75652), which is available in our store..
- The SR400/500 (78~79) models requires the rear seat bridge to be removed from the frame
- The SR400 (80~08) & SR500 (80~99) models are a direct fit.
- The tandem (pillion) belt is not included, please purchase it separately if required, (#16087 - black can be adapted).
- *Or alternatively use the genuine rear grab bar or use the side assist grips *sold separately.
- Although the seat is waterproofed, there are cases where water may seep into the seat seams due to stitching treatment and design. This is normal with most stitched seats. Just let it dry in the sun or if parking in rain / wet conditions use a seat cover when parked or washing the bike.
Note: Image with Daytona stainless fender and Daytona adjustable taillight is shown with the horizontal trim seat (now discontinued), *the image is to show the length and to show a fitment example with the fender and taillight.