We understand from time-to-time products may not be exactly as required, or colours may not match your build etc. We try to have a no fuss returns policy where possible. You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a refund, store credit or exchange. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (eg: you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). All goods returned for credit must be received by VANEM within thirty (30) days of the invoice date and must be returned in the original unopened and intact packaging with a copy invoice provided at time of purchase. Returns must be sent freight prepaid at your expense unless you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.
RETURN SPECIAL NOTES:
- The standard return policy is 30 days from time of purchase. However, if something isn't right, give us a call or email your concerns and we will see what can be done.
- A return claim form (available via email) needs to be completed & returned prior to returning any item, simply email us and discuss your return, we will guide you and provide the required details.
- A restocking fee may be levied at 15% of the purchase price of the returned item/s and will be payable on all returns unless the goods were sent by mistake by us (in which case see above). This fee is to cover the admin and processing time taken to arrange the order, packing etc. where we believe adequate details have been provided prior to purchase.
- Special orders ex Japan (or other) that are not normally stocked items and all back orders with extended lead times are non-returnable & will not be accepted for credit. Please discuss details for larger back orders and special order prior to sale if you have any concerns. Generally, items within this class would have been extensively discussed prior to sale.
- Parts modified, showing signs of use, wear or missing included documents, scratched, marked, dented, bent or modified in any way will not be accepted.
- In most cases we have a no fuss return policy. However if the requirements are not met VANEM reserves the right not to offer an exchange, refund or store credit where its simply a change of mind or for other reasons (such as suspect payments). Please make sure you have all the above paperwork attached to the goods so there are no delays in processing the return.
RETURNS OF ELECTRICAL / ELECTRONIC & BRAKE ITEMS:
For safety reasons, most electrical parts are not returnable unless there is a clear fault at the time of delivery (prior to fitment). If packages have been opened, manufacturers seals have been broken, or there are any signs of use and fitment (of any kind) then the electrical related item/s will not be accepted for returns.
For safety reasons, brake components will not be accepted for return if the product packages have been opened, manufacturers seals have been broken, or there are any signs of use and fitment (of any kind).
You should expect to receive your refund within three weeks of giving your package to the return shipper (within Australia), however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
RETURN ORDER NUMBER:
Before returning an item, please contact us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return (*via the contacts page of this website). We will respond with instructions for how to return items from your order and issue you with a return order number (RON). Orders received without a return order number and prior approval may be delayed. Please take note, some items can not be returned, these include special order items, electrical items and brake related items that have safety significance.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world (within reason). Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to certain international destinations. When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider we choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page. In most case we will dispatch orders via Australia Post or courier (*see below).
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based, for certain parcels this will be the actual weight or cubed weight (volume) - typically what ever is greater. International orders with the post system are weight based only, however goods sent with courier Internationally will be cubed. The approx. weight of most item can be found on the products details page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full Kg or grams (standard for all shippers). VANEM has been shipping goods since 2004 and we are experienced packers. Depending on method best suited to your products we will carefully pack the items to be safe in transit. We will also be mindful of packing goods to avoid excessive delivery charges where possible to do so (courier volume based weight etc.). In other words we avoid sending a huge box of packing, we will always try to minims the size to ensure the lowest delivery cost (where viable and possible to do so). Some items may require special packaging or handling. Products such as alloy tank or fragile items may require extra packaging to ensure safe delivery and this may attract additional fee's in some circumstances.
NOTE: As this website has been renewed (2021), we are working to ensure freight and postage costs are viable and correct. If you ever have a concern or query let us know via the contacts page and we can check your order more closely or even check for better options to ship to your country, region or area.
- Domestic (orders within Australia) will be shipped ex Sydney via Australia Post. All domestic orders will have signature on delivery, meaning if no one is present to sign for the delivery, it may be carded and taken to the nearest post office.
- International orders will also generally use Australia Post but we also use DHL, FedEx and UPS *depending on your location *and for goods shipped direct from our suppliers (eg: Drop Ship). All International orders will require a signature on delivery, meaning if no one is present to sign for the delivery, it may be carded and taken to the nearest depot or the courier may try again. You may be able to re-schedule the delivery date once tracking is provided (in the case of courier services only)