The DAYTONA oil tank style side covers are an indispensable part for vintage & custom builds. The covers are made of fiberglass, and are excellent quality with a great finish (made in Japan). They are shown here in black gel coat which is an ideal coating base. Gel coat is not paint, so it is recommended to paint the covers to match your bike. More customers are now opting to retain the air box, so these covers are perfect for dressing your build! Matches nicely with the Daytona SR400/500 tool box stainless end cover.
*For an example of these covers used on a custom build, search for the (Brat Style SR400 Boogie Racer - which was part of the Yard Build Series), in that case they were used on an FI model (slightly modified to fit).
- SR400/500 ('78~'08) carbie models
- Does NOT suit SR400 ('10~19 injected models)
- 1 x Left side cover
- 1 x Right side cover
- 1 x Dummy oil filler cap (chromed)
- Bolts, washers, spacers required for installation
- English & Japanese Instructions provided (*when buying from VANEM)
- The genuine key of the left side cover cannot be used.
- Gel coat is a base treatment of the material assuming you will carry out the final processing and painting.
- Spare parts are available by request (LHS / RHS side covers), and small parts such as the dummy oil cap.